Using the Tutorial|
Once you have read (or printed) the instructions on this page, either:
- minimize your browser using the minimize button in the upper right corner [-]; it will still be active and connected, or
- close Netscape, disconnect your modem (to save billing time $$$!), and reopen it for the next lesson.
- Read pages 50 - 51 (from lab book) for an overview of the use of applications in Windows 95.
- Complete the following tasks from the lab book while on a Windows 95 computer. You will need to master the tasks in order to pass the performance assessment.
Important: Note that they are not in the order found in the book. Follow the order given here. Also, make sure to read through the Supplements found on this web page!
- Task 19 (p. 52)
- Task 66 (p. 174)
- Task 22 (p. 59)
- Task 23 (p. 62)
- Task 21 (p. 56)
Supplement: You can also access Windows Explorer by right clicking on the Start button. This will bring up a small menu from which you choose Explore.
- Task 24 (p. 64)
- Task 25 (p. 67-69)
On-line Supplement - Work through the following on-line tutorial:
Creating Shortcuts (A tutorial by Russel Smith, Region 14 Education Service Center, Abilene, Texas)
- Task 26 (p. 70-72)
- Optional: Visit the following web pages for more advanced information on shortcuts:
George and Mikes Guide to Windows 95 - Shortcuts