Lab Check Out Program
This document is designed to help you prepare for the first "Introduction to Educational Technology" training session. The main focus will be on issues related to the computer lab. You should review this document and complete the recommended tests before your first session.
Make sure you understand any policies or procedures related to using the computer lab. For example reserving the lab or locking up at the end of a class.
Issues related to the room conditions:
- Reserve the lab with the lab coordinator?
- Will the room be open or do you have Keys?
- Do you need a projector and if so is there one available?
- Can you make the room dark enough for the projector?
- Do you know the procedures for closing the lab?
Issues related to the Computers
- Do you need a special user name a password?
- Do you need boot disks?
- Do you need anything special to get Internet access?
- Does the Internet connection work?
- Are there any log in time restrictions?
- Are the monitors set for 800x600?
- Is a 4.0 browser available?
- Will your students need head phones?
- Do you need any books and other
Back to Trainer Resource Page