Create a User Account (Lab)
In this lab you will create an account for yourself with Administrative privileges.
This lab assumes that you are using an NT Server that is part of a Domain.
- Log on to your Server as Administrator.
- Click Start, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click User Manager for Domains.
- On the User menu, click New User
- Enter a user name based on a naming convention that will use for your domain.
- Enter your full name.
- Enter a description.
- Enter a password. (Passwords are case sensitive).
- Confirm your password by typing it again.
- For password options, only select Password Never Expires
- Click on the Groups icon
- Add the Administrors Group
- Close the Groups screen
- Create the user account by clicking Add
- Leave the New User screen by pressing Cancel