Mandatory 95 Profiles
If you have Windows 95 users in your domain, you can create new mandatory user profiles.
To create a mandatory user profile for a Windows 95 user:
- On the client Windows 95-based computer, start Control Panel, and select Passwords.
- From the User Profiles property page, enable the option that allows users to have individual profiles, and set the Primary Network Logon to Client for Microsoft Networks.
- Reboot the client machine.
- Use User Manager for Domains to create the user account (if it
does not already exist). For the user's home directory, specify the
location where the User Profile will be stored.
This automatically creates a folder with the user name. If a dialog
is displayed stating that the operation failed, create the folder
manually before continuing.
- Copy the Template Profile that you are using for mandatory
profiles to the user's home directory:
From the Windows 95-based
machine hosting the mandatory, copy the complete contents of the
local Profile folder to the folder created previously. This writes
the profile to the destination, including the folder trees and the
User.xxx file originally included with the profile.
· If you have not already done so, rename the User.dat file to User.man.
At logon, the user will download the mandatory profile, cache it, and no changes will be written back to the server at log off.